Monday, July 23, 2012

Of Gods and Goats Review

I'm going to stop you before you start reading this review. Make sure you take a gander at the author interview that was posted previous to this review. Any comments get entered in to win a free e-book copy of , Of Gods and Goats

On to the review....

I always start by saying let me start...I will not do that this time. I will start with, holy moly! V.L. Locey and I attend the same writers group in our area and I'd have to admit that I got to read little sneak peaks before the book came out. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to her read parts of her novel out loud. Listening to the animation in her voice and bringing the characters to life was amazing. I actually wish everyone would be able to enjoy her book by listening to her read it aloud. 


When the book came out I couldn't wait to read it and put the rest of the puzzle together from what I had already heard her read. Libby Simons is the main character and could be summed up as a widow who works hard, doesn't take shit, and takes awhile to get use to the idea of moving on passed her husband's death. It was interesting to read her thoughts. The way her mind worked and the thoughts that bounced around were priceless. She is definitely a saucy minx who needed a man in her life. All of her thoughts centered around the chisel body of her new beau Ares. All of the things that most women think inside when they see a half naked man was what V.L. Locey wrote. I kept thinking things that I wasn't quite proud to think of a half naked man with a sledgehammer, but of course V.L. Locey did not shy away from them. That was what I liked the most. No holds barred. Out loud she didn't say it, but in her head she didn't hold back. I loved it!


Another big part of the novel that I loved was the way that Ares spoke and what actually came out of his mouth. I couldn't stop laughing when he was trying to co-exist with the people who were in Libby's life. There was also adjusting his behavior in general toward women. It was funny reading the dialogue between the two. Every time Ares spoke of bedding her when they first met I laughed so hard. He just didn't have a clue whatsoever how to treat women. It was hilarious.


If you aren't one of those people who shy away from sex then I would have to tell you that this book is not for you. It's not an erotic book, but there is a sex scene that would have made Hugh Hefner blush. I had a hard time reading it without blushing. Then I had to read it again to make sure it was actually possible. (You'll understand)


The one thing I would have loved to see was the relationship between Libby and Ares build more. More of the reason why she was attracted to him besides his good looks. Plus, it was unclear to me when he made the decision that he was fallen for her. I don't want to give too much away although most people who have read a book now how the formula of a romantic comedy work. I just wish there was that something more between them, but there is a second novel in the series so I know I'll get to read a lot more. 


If you are looking for a light read with a sense of humor, funny banter, and sexy Gods, this is definitely a book to pick up. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Angel! And yes, there is more to come for this couple. Lots more!

    ReplyDelete