Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cupcake Madness week 4

So sorry Bloaders it's been awhile since my last blog. I've been so busy participating in the nanowrimo. I told myself that I wasn't going to do it, but then once November got here I decided I had to do it. Now 23,000 words things are going great. I will post another blog about that later thought. On to the cupcakes.

This week I made Oreo cookie cupakes! The recipe sadly was not from the food network but was from a website I found online. I when I stumbled across this and saw the pic I knew I had to try and make them considering double stuffed is one of the best cookies ever besides chocolate chip! If I had to judge these on a scale from 1 to 5 I would have to give them a 3 I wasn't a fan of them, but my family loved them! I think the reason why I didn't like them was because I used regular cookies for parts of it and I think that the regular oreos taste like burnt chocolate. (My mom says there is no difference between regular oreos and double stuffed and I beg to differ! I will argue this point all day long)

They were really easy to make and if I were to make these again I would do things a little differentt. I would use cake mix instead of making it from scratch. I would also just stick with double stuffed. All oreo cookie recipies you put an oreo cookie at the bottom. I found that the oreo cookie stuck to the cupcake wrapper. I would save the cookie and just crumble more into the batter. Oh and when filling the cupcake wrapper don't worry about filling it up too high. I thought it was going to over flow with batter, but I actually didn't put enough in. I'm not sure the policy with posting other recipes so I'll just show you my pics. Beware your mouth will water!



The cookies in the dough was really good. I used about twenty cookies in the batter.

This is just the cookies at the bottom of the wrapper that I don't recommend

These can be filled more. I found that they barely fell over the top. It was rather difficult to tell if they were done. I wish I would have taken a picture of what they looked like before the topping, but I forgot.

Icing made with whipping cream. I had to add way more powdered sugar than the recipe called for. It wouldn't thicken. Next time i would most likely use cream cheese because this just tasted like whip cream with cookies in it. But if you ever decide to just use the whipping cream, whip on high.

End result. I couldn't pipe because the cookies kept getting stuck. Therefore I just used a spoon and put half a cookie on top.


So there you have it Bloaders my most recent cupcakes. Tomorrow I think I might make similiar cupcakes but chocolate. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate! Next blog coming soon!

1 comment: